Softball WA is proud to announce the re-introduction of the Junior State Championships on the March Long-weekend (4th, 5th, and 6th March 2017). Supporting grassroots softball, Softball WA is seeking expressions of interest for boys and girls teams from Affiliated Metropolitan Clubs and Regional Associations in the age groups of Under 13’s, Under 15’s and Under 17’s.
For further information, please see the Junior State Championships Flyer. To express your interest, please advise Registrar, Cheryl Poustie, 0412 883 194, 9447 4914 or Kerry Rispoli on 9448 4662, 0408 484 662.
Nominations have to be in to Softball WA no later than 21 October 2016 so please contact the club asap.
Should you have any specific questions, please phone the Softball WA Office on Ph: 6181 3903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE NEED YOUR HELP U13 U15 U17
We are currently sitting with too few in U13 for 2 teams
We cannot take one team out as that would make only 3 teams in the U13 grade.
Under 15 we are top heavy with too many in 2 teams so we propose that we create an additional U15
This sounds hard and complicated, what I am asking is there will be no levy to play in both sides being Friday night 5pm U13 and Sat morning U15 if you qualify age wise. The softball division will cover the shortfall of team fees.
So what I am proposing is not for the players that opted to play up out of their grade of age group they can still do that BUT we need you to play in the U13 as well OR do you have siblings being boys or girls that may like to play.
We will seek dispensation for some players that are just out of an age group by a few months to avoid a bye in U13. This is applicable to the players in U17 as well you could play a game in both grades if you are not playing seniors as well.
WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE HERE PLEASE PEOPLE
As the end of the season approaches, you might be thinking about and making plans for next season. We’re hoping you might think about Little League Softball.
Did you know:
– Softball is not just for girls, but boys can also play.
– Softball is not just for skilled players – there are teams for all levels of ability.
– Little League Softball has three age groups – U11, U13 and U15. This year there were only 4 teams (and not enough players for U11’s), so U13’s started the season playing machine pitch and progressed to pitching in the second half of the season. Hopefully next year we can get enough players to have some U11 teams.
– Softball is not just for older girls – this season, there were players as young as 7 and they were all able to hit the ball and play.
– Little League softball is played at 5.00pm on Friday nights at the State Softball Centre in Mirrabooka. Games go for 1.5 hours. Please feel free to come down and watch us play this Friday or next and see how the game is played and how much fun the kids have (there is no fee to come and watch, and Premier League is on right after Little League). With Friday night games, you can still play teeball on Saturdays.
– Softball can also be played over Winter – it is called Winter Ball. Carine Cats are currently looking for players of all ages (adults too, so if you are interested, contact the softball registrar or check the website for more information).
– Coaches are available and would love to come to one of your team’s final training sessions (during, before or after – whatever will suit your team best) and let kids have a go at hitting with the machine. For most kids they are worried that they won’t be able to hit the ball and get embarrassed – most surprise themselves! If you would like to arrange something, please call Ryan (0439 813 674).
– We will also be around after the closing ceremony if you’d like to come and try or watch some of our littler kids in action.