Tee-Ball States Championships
There will be divisions for U9, U10, U11 and U12. Please note that TBAWA calculates age groups differently to Carine – see below.
Additional information is also available eg. see last year’s flyer (new flyer will be updated when available): 2015 Flyer Tee Ball Western Australia State Championships
Carine team selections will take place following tryouts which are to be held on:
- Tryout 1 – tba
- Tryout 2 – tba
Players are requested to attend both tryouts.
The championships are not just aimed at elite players. Each age group is likely to have A, B and possibly C grades. Enthusiasm is most important!
What are the benefits?
- Enthusiastic players get to play more tee-ball – approximately 15-20 extra games
- Skills development
- Have fun and make new friends
- Represent Carine against other clubs from across WA
- Each player receives a personalised game shirt to keep, trophy and team photo
What is the commitment?
- Being available for additional training each week with your state team.
- Being available for the long weekend in March 2016 and two or three additional one day pre-state carnivals which are held during January and February.
- Additional fees payable ($tba).
- As with regular Saturday clubs, each team will need a coach, manager and 2 umpires (TBAWA states rules require one level 1 umpire and one level 2 umpire from each team).
If you have any questions please e-mail our State Championships Co-ordinator Narelle Haeusler at email@example.com
If you would like to nominate to coach a state championships team please submit your nomination to the above e-mail address by (date tba).
Age Group Calculations for State Championships
Tee-Ball age group eligibility is based on 30 June each year; however Carine (and the wider competition) use the 30 June before the season starts i.e. 30 June 2015 whereas TBAWA use 30 June after the season finishes i.e. 30 June 2016. This means a player may, for example, play in an under 9’s competition at Carine but be under 10’s when playing states.
TBAWA have an age calculator for the 2016 State Championships available on their website (this is an Excel file where you can enter your child’s date of birth on the relevant tab to confirm the age group they are eligible for at the 2016 State Championships.)
If your child is attending tryouts, please use the above calculator to confirm which age group they are eligible for prior to arrival.
Below is an illustration of how age groups are calculated for State Championships.
- Player born July 2006 and is currently 9 years old.
- For Carine purposes, the player was under 9 on 30 June 2015 and therefore plays the 2015/16 season at Carine in the under 9 age group.
- For State Championship purposes, the player is already 9 on 30 June 2016 and therefore plays 2015/16 State Championships in the under 10 age group.